5/13/20 – After eight weeks, Stop AAPI Hate has received 1,843 reports of anti-Asian discrimination due to COVID-19. Aggregated from 45 states, as well as Washington DC, these self-reported incidents continue to demonstrate the widespread racism that Asian Americans continue to experience.
- Verbal harassment (69.3%) and shunning (22.4%) make up the highest proportion of cases.
- Civil rights violations, such as workplace discrimination (4.8%); being barred from establishments (2.9%) and being barred from transportation (1.1%) make up 8.8% of the incidents.
- Physical assaults make up 8.1% of the incidents.
- Incidents at businesses (42.1%) exceed those in public places (38.9%).
- Women are harassed 2.4 times more than men.
- Elderly make up 7.8% of the respondents.
Click here to read the full report (PDF).