Support Monterey Park and Half Moon Bay
- Click here to donate to the Half Moon Bay Victims Fund
- Click here for resources for victims, survivors, and community members
- Click here to sign your organization onto the Bay Area Latinx and Asian Community Groups solidarity statement regarding Half Moon Bay (you do not have to be a Bay Area organization to sign-on)
- Click here to contact your elected officials
- Encourage those who experience or witness acts of hate towards the Asian American and Pacific Islander communities to report an incident at our website. The reporting form is available in 15 languages, with more on the way. Reporting incidents helps us understand what is happening and allows us to continue to address anti-AAPI racism.
- If you witness an act of hate, whether it be a racist joke online, a derogatory comment by a friend, or a refusal of service, say something. Indicate that such behavior is unacceptable to you. Speak with a manager in a store or restaurant if you witness others experiencing discrimination.
- Be informed about what is happening and why.
- Share safety tips with your friends and family on what to do if encountering or witnessing hate.
- Learn about the history of AAPI immigration, discrimination, resistance, and unity.
- Learn about the Movement Hub and Shared Liberation Network, a coalition that connects communities to resources and amplify the work of our grassroots partners around the nation.
- Start where you can to make a difference within the spheres that you influence. Have authentic conversations about racism with your friends, family, and inner network. Work with your workplace, school, faith-based organization to issue a statement denouncing anti-AAPI racism and to encourage everyone to work towards racial justice.
- Organize your community to speak out and publicly condemn AAPI hate. Help empower individuals, communities, and our elected government officials to speak out against hate.
- Ask your elected officials what they are doing to increase resources for survivors and their families, and for intervention and prevention-based programs such as anti-racism education in schools and in communities.
- Demand ordinances or resolutions to condemn hate. Endorse strong civil rights laws at the local and state levels. What are the issues that exist within your community that need to be addressed?
- Advocate for expanded civil rights protections that would safeguard Asian Americans, Pacific Islanders, and other people from harassment and discriminatory treatment in private businesses.
- Support Stop AAPI Hate to continue to document and respond to incidents of hate and advocate for resources in the AAPI community.