Week 2 Report
4/3/20 – This report reviews reports of coronavirus discrimination submitted to Stop AAPI Hate from March 26 – April 1, 2020.
Trends for this week include the following:
- Stop AAPI Hate has received 1,135 reports in its first two weeks.
- AAPI women are harassed at twice the rate of men.
- AAPI children/youth are involved in 6.3% of the incidents.
- Despite shelter–in–place policies being implemented across the nation, the number of discriminatory incidents remains high.
- With shelter–in–place, a significant number of incident sare now taking place in grocery stores, pharmacies, and big box retail.